- Maintain a database of Greek membership through chapter-submitted roster information.
- Maintain the Fraternities and Sororities at Kansas State website (/fraternities-sororities).
- Distribute billing invoices and collect payments each semester for council dues.
- Produce publications for incoming students and parents, which are utilized at recruitment events.
- Collect, maintain, and distribute accurate and comprehensive records on membership statistics, scholarship achievement, facility and financial information, disciplinary matters, philanthropic efforts, and community service.
- Maintain accurate and current contact information for chapter officers and advisors.
- Supervise and oversee student, professional, and/or volunteer staff members.
- Create budgets and facilitate financial activities.
- Facilitate the execution of the strategic plan and K-State 2025.
- Guide the work of the Interfraternity Council (IFC) and Panhellenic Council (PHC) through advising and mentoring the Board of Directors and memberships of the councils.
- Develop the student leaders on IFC and PHC through leadership workshops and retreats.
- Serve as liaisons to the national governing organizations and trade associations, including the National Panhellenic Conference (NPC) and North-American Interfraternity Conference (NIC).
- Serve as a resource to alumni groups and house directors.
- Oversee all aspects of Greek community recruitment programs, including recruitment registration and event execution, Greek Ambassadors, involvement with campus visit days, summer orientation, marketing, and publications.
- Advise student leaders in Greek Ambassadors, Greek Week, Greek Scholarship Advancement Committee (GSAC), Social Responsibility Committee, judicial boards, Order of Omega, and others.
Leadership, Education, and Development
- Present lectures, workshops, presentations, and retreats on a number of topics at chapter events and for the community.
- Provide programs and speakers for the Greek L.E.A.D.S. Lecture Series.
- Assist in facilitating educational and leadership development programs.
- Refer chapter leaders to appropriate campus resources.
- Educate chapter members on trends in the Greek community, crisis management issues, judicial matters, risk management, diversity, inclusion, scholarship, involvement, and more.
- Assist chapter leaders in improving their existing educational programs and scholarship plans, as well as identify new ways to educate about emerging trends or issues.
- Provide a premier leadership experience with the Greek L.E.A.D.S., our emerging leader program.
- Host chapter presidents for the annual L.E.G.A.C.Y. Institute.
- Establish and implement a K-State Greek Community Master Plan, a Fraternity and Sorority Life Strategic Plan, and K-State 2025 plan.
- Maintain strong community relations with all Greek community stakeholders.
- Serve as a liaison to individual chapter presidents. Each chapter is assigned a staff member.
- Meet at least twice a semester with liaison chapters, but preferably three.
- Meet with chapter advisors, alumni, and other officers when needed.
- Correspond with inter/national fraternity and sorority headquarters, as needed.
Chapter Consultant/National Officer Visits
- Meet with visiting leadership consultants and leaders for national organizations.
- Provide insight to visitors about the chapter’s current operations from the perspective of the office. Identify areas for improvement and ideas for future partnerships.
- Complete assessments of programs to examine trends, areas of improvement, and strengths of our community.
- Compile individual grade reports and community rankings each semester.
- Distribute grade reports to chapter presidents and chapter advisors. Other authorized individuals may receive the report if requested.
- Analyze the K-State Greek Community Master Plan, Fraternity and Sorority Life Strategic Plan, and updates for K-State 2025.
- Survey Greek community members annually and after programs and services are executed.
- Produce an annual report of Fraternity and Sorority Life activities.