Fraternal Excellence Awards
The Fraternal Excellence Awards (FEA) provide an opportunity for an objective appraisal of a chapter’s annual performance through the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life. Through this program, chapters are recognized for excelling in programming, involvement, and operations. Each year, chapters may submit the FEA packet and nominate individuals for recognition. A recognition banquet is held in the spring semester to showcase the achievements of the community.
The FEA evaluate six aspects of chapter programming, involvement, and operations.
- Recruitment and Retention
- Community Service and Philanthropy
- Leadership Development and Campus Involvement
- Risk Management
- Culture, Diversity, and Inclusion
Applications are scored, and based on the percentage of their score, they are ranked in one of four levels of achievement. There is no predetermined number of chapters that are eligible to receive each level of these awards. The Fraternal Excellence Awards have four levels of achievement:
- The President’s Award for Fraternal Excellence – Chapter receives 95% or more of available points. This is the highest award a chapter can receive.
- Dean’s Award – Chapter receives 85% or more of available points.
- Purple Circle Award – Chapter receives 75% or more of available points.
- Certificate of Merit – Chapter submits an award application, but does not achieve at least 75% of available points.
- Most Improved Chapter – Chapter that has the most improved percentage from the previous award year. All chapters that completed the 2015 Fraternal Excellence Awards application are eligible.
- Chapter of the Year – One fraternity and one sorority will be chosen by peer nomination. A chapter may not nominate themselves. Finalists will be interviewed to gather better knowledge of why they are most deserving of this award.
2016 FEA Information
- Fraternal Excellence Awards Information Packet
- New Member, Service, Involvement, and Programming Form
- Fraternal Excellence Awards Chapter Recognition Form: https://orgsync.com/84298/forms/228344
- Chapter Programming Awards Form: https://orgsync.com/84298/forms/228609
- Individual Member Recognition Form: https://orgsync.com/84298/forms/228613
Previous Fraternal Excellence Awards